I get asked a lot for recommendations for great restaurants when friends and family visit NYC. These are a few of my current favorites (with links to their websites): Brunch & Lunch:
- The Butcher’s Daughter in Nolita: Healthy, fresh, vegetarian brunch choices
- Ruby’s also in Nolita: blog post here. Australian cafe (how fitting for me, an Aussie expat) with great coffee, juices, avo on toast and burgers
- Little Collins in Midtown East: great brunch spot, great coffee as well (essential for an Australian)
- ABC Kitchen in the Flatiron District: fresh farm to table dishes, connected to the most gorgeous homewares store imaginable
- Five Leaves in Williamsburg: the ricotta pancakes!!!
- (Lunch) Gansevoort Market in Meatpacking: curated market of local and delicious almost-food-cart/truck style options
Dinner (varying price ranges):
- Buddakan in Chelsea/Meatpacking: incredible candle-lit Asian fusion restaurant. Very fancy
- Momofuku Má Pêche in Midtown: a communal a la carte style Asian-fusion restaurant
- Marta in Midtown South/NoMad: blog post here an awesome Roman pizzerie restaurant connected to the Martha Washington Hotel
- Bianca in Noho: blog post here. Great Italian, cash-only.
- Empellon Taqueria in West Village: awesome tacos and margaritas
- Beauty & Essex in Lower East Side: Trendy restaurant where you enter through a jewelry/pawn shop