Happy Thanksgiving to all my Americans! This year we celebrated with Mike’s family here in Manhattan at our apartment.
Mike cooked us the most amazing and elaborate feast, with a line-up that included: spatchcock dry-brined turkey (with GF sage sausage and rosemary stuffing and homemade gravy), maple-bacon roasted brussel sprouts, cauliflower bacon soup, mashed sweet potatoes, GF corn-bread and homemade secret-recipe rolls (courtesy of Mike’s dad).
I was responsible for drinks and setting the table (hey, I got some awesome candles etc too!).
To tie in with the Thanksgiving theme I used the Rosemary that was leftover from Mike’s cooking to create some deliciously refreshing, Lemon & Rosemary Gin drinks, which I am tentatively calling, the BosserGin.
Ingredients (serves 5):
- 8 OZ high-quality Gin
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 OZ homemade Bosserman rosemary simple syrup (see below)
- 1 egg white
- Sparkling water/ club soda – (to top up glass once divided equally between 5)
- Start with making the Rosemary Simple Syrup: 1) take equal parts water and sugar in a pot/pan on high heat and bring to the boil (1/4 cup and 1/4 cup will do). 2) Once it begins to boil, turn off heat and throw in 3 sprigs of Rosemary. 3) Let mixture cool and sit for 1 hour then discard the rosemary leaves
- In a cocktail shaker, pour in the Gin, lemon juice, rosemary simple syrup and one egg white (the egg white adds an amazing foamy texture to the cocktail – no taste)
- Shake vigorously!
- Add ice to the shaker and stir for a few moments to cool down all the liquids
- Once chilled, use a hawthorn strainer and divide the liquid evenly between 5 glasses
- Top glasses to the brim with ice-cold sparkling water/ club soda
- Garnish with a few Rosemary leaves